10.02.2005

Alone


[click to enlarge]

This picture was taken a few months ago, and I still remember exactly how I felt that night...very isolated, sad, and frustrated. The whole city was alive, and there I was...

All alone.
Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an amazing picture. I know the feeling of feeling alone in a city that is constantly moving. You know, you really shouldn't feel so alone. It is a state of mind more than anything.

October 02, 2005 7:41 PM  
Blogger kr said...

Thanks, Anonymous. I agree that lonliness is a state of mind, but it's one that's easy to fall into when you feel all of your friends have deserted you and there's no one special in your life.

October 02, 2005 7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember, sometimes when you feel as if people have deserted you, they really need you the most...

October 02, 2005 10:06 PM  
Blogger kr said...

Sometimes that is true. Sometimes, though, the distance created by the "deserting" friend is purposeful, as if they're trying to move on with their life. And if they really do need someone, they should swallow their pride and make it known. The problem with people today is that they're too afraid. Too afraid to communicate, too afraid to be happy, too afraid to love and be loved.

October 02, 2005 10:18 PM  
Blogger Lola Starr said...

This is a fabulous photo. I can absolutely feel your dejection. I too know what it's like to feel all alone here even when you're surrounded by people.

October 03, 2005 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure do hope that feeling has passed! You ALWAYS have me, though I know it's not much consolation. You can call anytime! Anyhow, I think the picture was good, but I don't necessarily feel the "isolation".Guess it is just a "state of mind".

October 04, 2005 1:53 PM  
Blogger thingseen said...

To sense the isolation you really have to see the facial expression; then the tension becomes obvious. The blogger thumbnails just don't do an image justice and I think too few people actually click on the image to get the full-size view. Great shot, hope you've worked through your isolation by now. :-)

October 05, 2005 11:21 PM  

<< Home