9.20.2005

Through The Eyes Of Strangers


[click to enlarge]

This is my first attempt at 2 things: 1) Controlling the depth of focus (DOF), and 2) Capturing strong human emotions. I've normally limited myself to plants, buildings, and scenes. I'm real happy with the result!
Post a Comment
Blogger Lola Starr said...

This makes me feel very lonely. I like it a lot though.

September 21, 2005 2:48 PM  
Blogger Tat said...

kenny ray, you should find a reporter doing stories on the homeless in Atlanta. or suggest to some mag that they do a story, with you providing the pictures. these are pretty powerful images that would look good in a magazine. just my opinion...

September 21, 2005 4:35 PM  
Blogger thingseen said...

This is fantastic!

The framing and contrast is well done and interesting. The exposure, with the foreground and background being so different, is difficult to get right, but you've made it look easy here.

Technique aside, this is a very moving image. The mood created by the dark foreground and the sense of separation it creates is very appropriate.

September 22, 2005 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like this one in B&W. You can feel the lonliness and isolation this man must be feeling. I agree it is good enough to be in a magazine. Great job!

September 23, 2005 5:47 PM  

<< Home